Prosper Meath is a progressive organisation providing a wide range of health related and social services on behalf of the Health Service Executive (HSE) to individuals with intellectual disabilities across County Meath. The Day Services operate under the HSE Interim Standards for New Directions Services & Supports for adults with disabilities.
We are currently recruiting for a Social Care Worker/Support Worker for our day service in Navan, County Meath. The Social Care Worker/Support Worker will report to the Day Service Manager and will fulfil a key worker role for the individuals we support. Their aim will be to teach the skills needed by individuals to be as independent and community focused as possible. It is the responsibility of the Social Care Worker/ Support Worker to support each individual to live the life they choose in the same way and same places as everybody else.
The successful applicants for these posts will be enthusiastic, flexible, innovative and committed to providing a quality service that responds to the specific needs and priorities of the individuals we support. Applicants must possess the following:
- Level 7/8 Degree in Social Care or other related discipline
- Previous experience working in the social care sector
- Previous experience working with adults with an intellectual disability is desirable
- Have a concept of Person Centred service provision & key working
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Full, clean manual driving licence
Please apply by attaching your by cover letter and C.V. to the form below.
Closing Date: Friday 21st February 2020
Prosper Meath is an Equal Opportunities Employer